270 pages; published by Midwest Organic & Sustainable Education Service.
This book will help you understand how to manage the financial aspects of your farm. It includes instructions, tips and tools–plus real-life examples from successful farmers and sample data from fictitious farmer “Otto B. Organic.”
- Why detailed numbers are crucial to farming success
- Techniques for data collection
- How to set up and use a bookkeeping system
- Computer bookkeeping program tips
- Step-by-step development of the three primary financial statements
- How to use standardized ratios to compare farm performance
- How to assess large financial investments
- How to work with a lender
- How to use numbers to make product mix, market, and pricing decisions
- Plus much more to help you improve farm profits
For bulk orders of 7 or more copies, please call 715-778-5775 or email the MOSES Bookstore for more information. MOSES offers a 40% discount on bulk order books, including shipping, for a final, nonrefundable price of $14/book. Please do not send your credit card information via email.